Friday, November 4, 2011

Going Pink to Go Green

Here are 33 rolls of insulation which is 3 trips with a Jeep Cherokee - You can get 11 of these rolls in one load

You may have heard the phase "some settling of contents"  here is some settling of the old insulation sinking into the cupboard bulkheads.   The old 6 inch pipe was left from the former exhaust fan over the stove.  It has been removed



This shot is shows the belly crawl hole to get into the attic space over the sun room - where there were only 3 inches of insulation....Hmmm  wonder if that is why we had 3 inches of Ice on the roof there last winter...
I did indeed have to belly crawl all the way in there and Nancy would hand insulation through the next joist space - then I would put it in place with an arm extension device  (uh...a 1x3 stick)




More settled insulation over the shower "archway"  this caused about a 6 x 3 foot snow melt spot on the roof last year.   I know you are concerned about the wire nuts not being in an electrical box - but they are low voltage for the door bell.

This is what and additional 9 inches looks like and I am very pleased to report that the job is now complete.   If you ever need help insulating your house....call someone other than me.

The good news is the new pink stuff does not itch like the old stuff


This is my wonderful and beautiful assistant who, after I took this picture started laughing...what's so funny?   "I smiled - forgetting I had the dust mask on"

1 comment:

  1. oh..does this bring back memories! Thankfully they have improved to "non-itchy" stuff :)

    ReplyDelete